Throughout 2011, we have been celebrating the centennial of Draper Irrigation/WaterPro’s culinary water service. We have been serving fresh mountain water to the people of Draper for 100 years, and have been providing irrigation water for 113 years, since 1888. As we wrap up this important milestone in the company’s history, we’d like to take a moment to look back on the events of the past year.
A Vital Part of Your Community
We know that it’s easy to take water service for granted. Our job is to provide clean, safe water on demand day in and day out so that you don’t have to think about where your next drink of water is coming from.
At the same time, we want to be an important part of the community. We want to help make Draper a terrific place to live, work, and visit.
Here are just a few of the ways we’ve contributed to the community in 2011:
- Draper Days Platinum Sponsor. For the past several years, we’ve sponsored Draper Days, the town’s biggest celebration, at the highest level of sponsorship. This year we passed out free reusable water bottles and cold water to attendees and held a prize drawing.
- Draper Days Heritage Banquet. This year the Draper Historical society featured the company at their annual banquet.
- Draper Days movie sponsorship. We sponsored a showing of the movie “Mastermind” and provided free hot dogs, popcorn, water, and other goodies.
- A History of Draper Irrigation Company/WaterPro: Celebrating 100 Years of Culinary Water Service. We published a history of the company from 1888 to the present, and donated copies to the
Utah State Historical Society, Draper Historical Society, LDS church library, state and national elected officials, and others. This book, which is available for free downloading from our website, has already proved to be a valuable historical record and has helped us clarify some long-held water rights.
- Business of the Year nominee, Draper City Chamber of Commerce. WaterPro is a longtime Chamber of Commerce member, and this year was one of several local businesses nominated for its Business of the Year award.
- Water Week school field trips. For the second consecutive year, we joined with the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District and Draper City to provide field trips and educational materials for all Draper fourth graders as part of Utah Water Week in May.
- Draper Trail Days. We provided water and volunteer support for Draper Trail Days and other local events.
We would like to thank the Draper Community Foundation, Draper Chamber of Commerce, Draper Historical Society, Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, and Draper City for their help and cooperation in all these efforts. We would also like to let other community organizations know that we are available to provide water and support to their events.
Most of all, we would like to thank the people of Draper for their continuing support. We are proud to have been an important part of Draper’s history, and we look forward to our next century of providing fresh mountain water to our community.